Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Can I span my desktop to all monitors?
Hoo Well   2005-01-02 00:24
I have two video cards: GeForce Fx 5800 AGP and
GeForce Fx 5200 PCI, and each card supports 2 monitor. Can I span my desktop to these 4 monitors? Span mode of video card seems not support multiple video cards.
ECarlson   2005-01-02 05:04
Correct, you cannot use horizontal span mode across 2 video cards, but you can extend your desktop across all 4 monitors.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
UB   2005-01-06 02:53
I am looking for a way to modify nvdia drivers to span the desktop on 3 monitors (6800agp+5200pci).

Does any one have an idea of the way I can do this ? or the way i have to search ?
UB   2005-01-06 02:54
May be a registry mod ?
ECarlson   2005-01-06 13:52
I think it's a hardware issue, not a driver issue. I think the 2 video outputs to be spanned have to be on the same card, and that card has to have the hardware to support span mode.

If you find out that it can be done with a simple software change, please let us know, since people keep asking that question over-and-over, and it would be great to say "Yes", instead of "No".

As I posted in another thread: hopefully someday all apps and OSes will work properly with multiple monitors, and there will no longer be a need for horizontal span mode to even exist.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Can I span my desktop to all monitors?