Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Geforce mx440 se AGP and trident 4 meg PCI problems (code 10)
Ward   2005-01-06 20:07
I need advice guys, I wonder if anyone might have the answer to my problem :-) I have a Nvidia geforce4 mx 440 AGP w/tv out (no TV connected). I have also installed a Trident 4 meg PCI board 96xx/938x and 2x14" SVGA monitors. The Trident board works fine when set to primary display in BIOS and the system also recognizes the Geforce fine (but no good for FS2004 as it is looking at the Trident card as the primary), but the Trident comes up with a (code 10) when the Geforce is set to primary. I think FS2004 can only see the primary video board, is there a way to trick it to see the secondary card as primary? There are no irq clashes and both devices are functioning but Win XP can't load the drivers to the Trident and as usual, Bill's error code 10 is vague at best. Any clues appreciated and thanks in advance.
ECarlson   2005-01-07 07:22
Leave PCI as primary in BIOS and set AGP as primary in Windows.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Ward   2005-01-10 22:55
thanks for the Advice Eric, but when I do that neither card come up in the fs2004 hardware display options and this in turn forces fs2004 to run in low res mode. more advice welcome.
regards
Ward
Zach   2005-01-13 14:14
I'm having a similer problem; if i set the PCI to primary, then it just freezes on the bios screen. If i set my AGP (on board) to primary, windows gives me Code 10 error. Help?
David DeRolph   2005-01-17 07:47
I suggest replacing the old Trident card with something more current. I have a GeForce4 MX440 SE, same as you, and tried using a ATI XPERT 98 card (8 MB memory) in a PCI slot. With the XPERT 98 installed, Win XP would not go into Hibernation after I first installed it, and after a few days, would also not go into Standby.

I bought a GeForce2 MX400 (PCI, 64MB) and replace the XPERT 98 with it. Problem solved.

I had used the same hardware running Win 98SE and had no problems with it, but Win XP just does not like working with older hardware sometimes. One problem is that you can't find good drivers for older hardware to make it work well with Win XP.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Geforce mx440 se AGP and trident 4 meg PCI problems (code 10)