Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Screens Don't "Line Up"
Orbitz   2005-01-11 16:51
I am running a dual setup with 2 Samsung SyncMaster 712N's (17" LCD's). They are identical models and as far as I can tell have identical settings...except one problem. If I stretch a spreadsheet for example (using UltraMon) across both screens the "side" of the sheet don't line up i.e. on the left screen the image is higher up on the screen then on the right screen. I took a screen shot of my desktop and in fact it also shows the two desktops offset fron one and another vertically.

Any way to fix this..it would be nice to stretch a spreat sheet across both monitors and have the rows line up...as it is they are off by about 2 inches (i.e. row a shows up 2 inches lower on the right monitor.

Thanks!
Josh   2005-01-11 19:00
Right click the desktop select properties and go to settings.

From there you see two numbered boxes. Use your mouse drag and drop the boxes so that they are aligned correctly. In other words if monitor 1 is an inch higher then monitor two. Drag monitor 1 up so it's slightly higher then monitor two so that it draws stuff physically in the same place.

It's fairly simple. Just play with the monitor positions in there a bit and hit apply.
Orbitz   2005-01-12 02:06
Ahh...thanks very much. That worked perfectly :)
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Screens Don't "Line Up"