Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Windows forgets monitor positions
Matt   2005-01-12 03:29
Hi,

I have a Dell D600 laptop connected to a port replicator which is connected to a 21 samsung lcd. The Samsung is my primary monitor, and the dell lcd is just below it. For some reason, everytime I reconnect the laptop, or it wakes up from suspend, it will put the laptop's desktop area way over to the bottom right, so the mouse has to go diagonally to get to it. I'll reset the position in the display settings, but is there any way Ultramon can do this for me? Or is there another method?

Thanks,

Matt
Matt   2005-01-13 04:26
Figured it out, sort of. I made a script to align the screens:

Set sys = CreateObject("UltraMon.System")

Set mon = sys.Monitors("2")

If mon.Enabled = True Then
mon.Left = 0
sys.ApplyMonitorChanges
End If

Now how do I get it to automatically run when the secondary monitor is enabled by the system (when I open the lid of my laptop)?
Christian Studer   2005-01-13 04:28
You could create a display profile, and then apply the profile after restarting/resuming the system.

To create a new display profile, right-click the UltraMon icon in the system tray, then select Display Profiles > New Display Profile from the menu.

To automatically apply the profile when you restart the system, check the 'apply this display profile when logging in' box on the last page of the Create Display Profile wizard. The profile won't get applied automatically when resuming from standby though.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Windows forgets monitor positions