Forums -> Multiple monitors -> QuickTime or RealPlayer won't work on 2nd display!
Simba   2001-04-29 01:47
I have 2 Voodoo3, 1 AGP and 1 PCI. Using Win2k. Movie (either QuickTime or Real) is too ugly playing on the 2nd display card. It only works fine with the 1st (primary) display card.

Any way to solve this?
Christian Studer   2001-04-29 07:24
This is a problem with the QuickTime and Real players, nothing you can do about it.

Windows Media Player works fine on secondary monitors, you can use it for QuickTime files (if they are supported, a lot of the newer ones unfortunately don't work).

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Simba   2001-04-29 12:38
Yes, I got Windows Media to work in the 2nd display. And I found out a way to make them work in the 2nd display. Just move your QuickTime or Real all the way from 1st display to the 2nd, but leave a little bit of the window (either QuickTime or Real) remain in 1st display. That's work.

BTW, I am using UltraMon Beta 3 and I can make ICQ work in the 2nd display. But everytime when I double click on "My Document" or "My Computer", ICQ goes back to the 1st display. "Show Desktop" in the quick launch bar also causes this problem. Is it a bug in Beta 3 or later beta will get it fixed?

I really like this (UltraMon) and now evaulating it, if the ICQ problem can be fixed, I definitly will register it.

Thanks!
Christian Studer   2001-04-30 06:23
Which version are you using? I tested with the latest 3281 build, and didn't have these problems (also on Win2000). The only problem I noticed was that when I show/hide desktop icons, ICQ jumps back to the primary monitor.

In general, I can't promise anything in regards to ICQ, I may find a workaround for a specific issue or not.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
hassen   2001-05-01 00:09
ok
braindead   2001-05-01 04:14
for me quicktime 5 works fine on no all monitors, even with the video split between them. realplayer only blanks the video on the secondary monitor once i "leave" the window in place (while moving the window around the sec, it plays the video).

win2k, tnt2 det647, banshee win2kdrivers
Norman Brooks   2001-05-01 11:24
Try a dual head card ....... there is NOTHING that will not run on either monitor in Win2K with the Radeon VE.... ICQ, TV, DVD movie, Windows MEdia Player ... don't use RealPlayer (junk).

Right now I just moved the fight over to my left monitor (waiting for Ray Mercer fight to start !) and writing this on the right hand monitor.

nbrooks@accesscable.net
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> QuickTime or RealPlayer won't work on 2nd display!