Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 2 monitors
mark   2005-01-13 18:11

I was successfully using an lcd tv as a secondary monitor but clicked on a tab in control panel/settings/monitor that extended my mouse across the 2 screens. I then changed the resolutions of both screens and since then they both won't work together.

If I disconnect one lead the other will work fine but won't even be recognised when both connected.

I have downloaded the latest drivers for my nadia Ge force fx 5200 card, have changed the dvi lead for the tv but nothing seems to work.

The strange thing is if i change the resolution of one screen then unplug and connect the other.....the resolution changes for it too.

Any ideas please?
ECarlson   2005-01-14 14:10
You might be stuck in horizontal span mode, where they both have the same settings. You need to be in regular dual-monitor mode, where settings can be different, then just use the regular Windows extended desktop mode.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
mark   2005-01-14 21:24
Thanx for your response. I went to the Gforce 5200
settings and downloaded the nview settings. From there I can choose to clone the monitors which is exactly what I want to do and it works perfectly. (I attach the lead of the lcd tv monitor after I boot my system). However when I shut the system down and reboot I get the same problem of my system not regognising either monitor.

As I said earlier it had worked fine until last week which is the frustrating thing.

Thanx again.
ECarlson   2005-01-15 03:35
If you want to clone the monitors so they both display the same thing at the same time, which is different from what I described above, you have to make sure you use one resolution and refresh rate that works on both monitors, because they have to be the same.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
mark   2005-01-15 08:11
Thanx again...I tried looking for dual mode but it isn't in the drop down box where I believe it should be. Maybe that's because my computer won't recognise both monitors being connected.

I have tried changingthe resolutions without much luck.

Not sure what whatelse I can do now.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 2 monitors