Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual monitor configuration on Presario 5000 with Windows ME
tom_p   2001-04-30 03:00
I have a Compaq Presario 5000 PIII-866MHz, running on Windows Millenium, which has an integrated Intel 82810E graphics controller(AGP). I wish to configure my PC with dual monitors (one desktop). I only have PCI slots free, and was wondering :
(1) if it was possible to add a PCI graphics card to get multiple display?
(2) which particular card or specification should I get (assume ATI)?
(3) what other issues should I be aware of?

Compaq have said that the Presario models have not been tested for support in dual monitors as they are intended for home and not commercial use. The Deskpro models have been extensively tested.

Thanks for your help, Tom
Harry Oliver   2001-05-16 23:49
I have almost the same Compaq configuration as you, except my chip speed is 733 mhz. I installed an Appian Gemini dual-monitor card and I was able to connect 3 monitors with no problem. I installed the card, ran the software and the 3 monitors appeared on my Display icon.

For what it's worth, I just upgraded to Windows 2000 and I can only get two monitors enabled. I'm still working on the problem and I hope it's a configuration problem rather than Windows 2000 not supporting more than one monitor on a graphics card.

Harry Oliver

Harry Oliver
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual monitor configuration on Presario 5000 with Windows ME