Forums -> Multiple monitors -> multimonitor color problem
Mray   2005-01-18 18:02
Ok i just got my second monitor (2 dell P991 monitors) and the colors are pretty off one is slightly reddish in tint and the other is slightly greenish.

i've tried and been messin with powerstrip for 2 days now and no matter what i tweak the colors are still off what should i do - should spend a couple hundred bucks for a calibrator will that work for sure?

or are the monitors just screwed up?

Thanks!
Josh   2005-01-18 18:41
Are they the exact same model? Are they old monitors or new?

You might have trouble matching diffrent monitors, exactly. So if they are diffrent models you may just have to live with it.

If they are older CRT monitors you can take the cover off and somewheres you'll see some dials and you can turn these to adjust the colors to exactly what you want.

If you have a new monitor all these calibrations are done in the factory using proprietary software. So basicly you're stuck and can't adjust anything besides from what it lets you do in the menu system.
Mray   2005-01-19 06:41
hey josh!
they the exact same monitor not sure how old they are, a friend gave them to me (he just got 2 flat panels) i could probably guess that they are not that old since they are flat screen crt's. they have been used though.

So if went out and bought 2 exact same, brand new monitors the colors should be pretty spot on to each other?

thanks for your help Josh :)
Josh   2005-01-19 06:56
Generally they would be fairly close when brand new. Although sometimes they arn't exact. They should be close enough that the everage person wouldn't notice though.

There really isn't much you can do unless you get lucky and can get a hold of the proprietary software to configure them. Which is something that is generally very hard to impossible to do.

Although if you trust yourself you could always take the cover off and see if you see any little dials. If they arn't there just put it back on and no harms come to them.
ECarlson   2005-01-19 12:40
Did you go into both monitors' on-screen menus, and make sure they both have the same color settings? If they both have the same color settings (and you have the same or default color settings set for both in the drivers), you should be able to do some tweaking via the on-screen menus. And, make sure the other monitor settings are all the same. You might try resetting both monitors to their default settings, then start adjusting from that point.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Anchoret   2005-01-20 04:44
I was hoping that there was some program to help with adjusting dissimilar monitors to at least faintly resemble each other.

I've just put two different 17" CRTs in my studio for doing Cubase recording, and I must have spent three hours trying to get them to even remotely match a gray textured wallpaper! Never mind the actual program screens...

It's astonishingly hard. Every adjustment throws the others out of whack.

If there's not a program, there should at least be some accepted efficient method of doing this. Technically, it seems possible if one only knows how to go about it.

Help!
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> multimonitor color problem