Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Bad problem with saving icons... HELP!!
Dameon Brakk   2005-01-19 16:33
Hi... I have a big problem with saving icons.

I don't like to leave both monitors enabled all the time. I set up all my icons neatly in single monitor mode, and I do Save Icon Position. I have no problems restoring the positions if anything goes wrong. UNTIL I enable the secondary monitor. When I do that, all the icons get scattered all over the place. Its horrible. If I restore the icon positions, they restore in the same scattered positions. Even if I disable the secondary monitor, have only the single, and restore the positions, they are still scattered all over the place. I have the same problem with the 2 other icon saving position programs I've tried. I have over 100 icons on my desktop, arranged by apps/games/folders/utils/programming/music apps, etc. I think the problem has something to do with icon positions being saved to different places in the registry when i have single/dual monitors enabled? (not sure just guessing)

Anyway, I have windows xp sp2 and an ATI Radeon 9800 with dual monitor out. One monitor is 1400x1050 and the other is 1154x864, both 32 bit. Does anyone know how I can solve my dilemma?

Thanks!
Tantalus   2005-01-20 05:55
goto www.12ghosts.com & download their SuperGee v7 program, available as a trial install. in there is a utility called SaveLayout which might be the thing for you.

i haven't tried the save/restore layout in the way you do yours (ie disabling 2nd monitor) but you can try it. i'm at work and don't have the program installed on my desktop to test ATM.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Bad problem with saving icons... HELP!!