Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Is there ever goner come a solution for S-gaming ??
fedder   2005-01-20 20:52
Since last summer then a bought 3 monitors, a been looking for a god solution to play my games on all 3 monitors. Games as: HL2, Doom 3, etc.
But there is no god solution out there of course there is Matrox, but the test I seen, show bad frames in the games. So im not thinking getting that card.

In my system I have a ATI RADEON 9800 pro and a 7000.
But non of the drivers from ATI have the support for 2 video cards in the “catalyst control center”
So I can span over all the screens.
Then a write to ati and told them about my problem and also ask if there is coming any support. The answer was they was not thinking about supporting this in the future.

I thought then the PCI-E coming should it be possible to have 2 high speed videocards working and play the games with ok frames. – but not :-(
Nividia has come with the “sli” solution but it don’t have the support, the feature. (see this link: http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040628/index.html )
As I se it, then the setup have 2 cards, it split the screen in 2 so the card is only working on half the screen and the other card is working on the other part….Have can its not possible to split it up to 2 or more screens ???

ATI is also coming with a “sli” solution. I don’t remember that its called but it’s the same feature as sli. and I don’t se anywhere that there is goner be any support for s-gaming ??

Question:
Does anyone no if there is coming any hardware solution for 3 or more monitors Gaming ?

Flight sim 4. has the support…….have any heard about other game company is making some sort of support as flight sim. Has ??
Josh   2005-01-21 07:17
You don't need a hardware solution, you have the hardware needed. What you need is game developers to start supporting it. Which very few do. You can find a list of games that support multiple monitors. But i mean you can pretty much count them on one hand.

matrox only supports a couple more because they actually make patches and stuff for the games, it's not because there hardware is actually supported diffrently by the games. Of course usually there patches only work with their cards.
ECarlson   2005-01-21 15:36
Lots of people need to start bugging the game companies for multi-monitor support.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
zima   2005-02-19 10:08
I agree that Doom3 doesn't work very well on Parhelia in surround mode, however HL2 works perfectly and looks beatifull.
fedder   2005-02-20 20:24
What frame rate do you have in HL2 ???
Are playing with 3 monitors ??
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Is there ever goner come a solution for S-gaming ??