Forums -> Multiple monitors -> WMP On Two Screens At Once
Shaun   2005-01-24 09:39
Hi there,

I was at a popular city centre pub where they've just installed screens and projectors to play music videos, and I noticed that it looked like the DJs were controlling the videos and the playlist using Windows Media Player on a laptop, hooked up to the projectors playing the videos in "fullscreen" mode. My question is, how is this done? Surely with WMP, if you use Fullscreen mode it only works either on one monitor or the other, as it takes over whichever monitor it is currently occupying right? How would I work it so that I have the playlist and all the controls on my PC monitor, and then a constant fullscreen image on my TV (second "monitor")? I've been racking my brains thinking about this and I'm stuck! Any help is appreciated :)

Shaun
ECarlson   2005-01-25 10:23
Some video cards (actually their drivers) have an option to put full screen video on the secondary monitor, so whenever video is made full screen, it automatically goes to the second monitor. Other people here should have more details, like which cards and drivers have this feature.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Slackmaster K   2005-02-06 03:31
The places with high budgets have a special box whose name eludes me. This box plugs in as one monitor and the monitors plug into the box. Windoze reads the box as being your monitor so it stretches the display. How they go from this to seperate displays sometimes remains a mystery.

Kevin Connolly - kevin@idxt.biz
President, IDXT Computing
www.idxt.biz
Jake   2005-02-06 09:40
The laptop I use is set to dual monitor mode. WMP on mine automatically plays full screen video on my projector while the controls show on my laptop's lcd screen.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> WMP On Two Screens At Once