Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Screenshots of Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 2?
Oliver Lu   2001-05-02 18:56
Does anyone have any screenshots of MS CFS2 on a multi-mon system? Ideally I'd be looking for a three-monitor setup, with monitors as large as possible (19-21") but anything with this game (or others for that matter) would be of great interest to me. thanks
Norman Brooks   2001-05-03 03:16
I just put up a screen shot of Flight Sim on two monitors !

Out the cockpit windscreen on monitor two with the throttle controls and radios etc on monitor one.

Now that's the way to play games !

nbrooks@accesscable.net
Christian Studer   2001-05-03 07:36
Also check the Games FAQ for a screen shot of Flight Simulator 2000 on 3 monitors.

Looks great, but performance was terrible, at least on my P2-400 system. The reason: there is no hardware DirectX acceleration for the views on secondary monitors. But if you only use instruments or small views on the secondary monitors it works fine.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Norman Brooks   2001-05-03 07:52
Well there is that .. at least there was on my old AGP/PCI system. With the Radeon VE, Open GL and DirectX8a and digital are enabled on both monitors.

I am using 2048x768x32 bit on the desktop with individual monitors 1024x768x32 at 72 and 75 hz respectively. Hardware acceleration is at max.

Performance in FS is set to max quality with very detailed in both scenery areas.

Mind you, I have 256M of PC133 ram on a 1Ghz P3 with Scsi drives !

Even so, if you want game performance this is not THE card. However, if runs Descent 3 just fine at about 50 frames a second on 1024x768x16.

Good enough for me ;-)

nbrooks@accesscable.net
buzzman   2001-05-28 00:44
I also interested in building a cockpit with multy mon. for fs2000 and x-plane. But to date can NOT find anyting to handle the frame rates. X-plane has the ability to handle a lan card to another system and fs2000 as you know has wide view which also is a lan network but i would like to ba able to use the same system. My system is AMD T-bird Over clocked to 1.610 gig so i,vbe got the speed.

If you guys hear of anything please let me know.

Thanks Buzz
Rob Sluys   2002-04-19 04:11
I've got a related problem... I'm running a gf2 mx400 agp (64 Mb) and an ATI Xpert 128 (16 Mb) with current drivers. When I run Combat Flight Sim 2K, it won't let me put new windows over onto the second monitor... I have to leave them on the primary.. any ideas on how to resolve this? CFS2 sees both cards in the settings page, and I can use either as the display (ati is obviously slower), but the actual mulimon part of the deal isn't working.. help?

~Rob Sluys
HReiss   2002-04-19 07:16
Norman,

Where are those screen shots? Or are you Sean Oetting as well? :)

Buzzman,

I feel your pain!

See Sean's solution which I hope to try some time this year :) If I can get it to work I will gradually expand it to three monitors (and more) and try it on civil flight sims.

If I can't get enough monitors on one system, no matter. I bought some used parts on Ebay to clone my existing system. When I get it together I might try to use WideView or something else to network two systems. I figure I might be able to get reasonable frame rates with 2 monitors per computer.

If I find a reasonable cost solution I'll post.

If somebody else already has 3 or more monitors going with good framerates at a reasonable cost please let us know.

HR
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Screenshots of Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 2?