Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Triple-monitor Horizontal Span with an nVidia Quadro?
TJourney   2005-02-07 11:49
Greetings again to my favorite source of multimon info!

I built my (originally) dual-monitor system over 18 months ago, with an nVidia GeForceFX 5600 256mb AGP card powering two monitors. I later upgraded it to a triple monitor system, powering the third monitor with an nVidia FeForceFX 5200 128mb PCI card.

Due to system problems (a fried mobo and the 5600 card) I have decided to fix my system by upgrading it. I intend to get a new PCI-express board and a 64-bit processor.

As you all know, one cannot achieve a triple-monitor horizontal span with my original card setup without some serious card hacking. I have known for a long time that the Matrox Parhelia TripleHead technology does offer this, but I am a gamer and the matrox cards do not get good performance.

I am wondering if the nVidia Quadro series cards will be able to successfully run my three (identical) monitors in a horizontal span mode. All too many reports offer conflicting information.
ECarlson   2005-02-07 12:00
From what I understand (though I'm willing to be corrected), the quad output card is more like a pair of dual output cards on one card, so in that case, the answer would be "no". Please let us know if you discover different information.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
murk   2005-02-15 16:42
I too am looking to enable Horizontal span mode over 3 or 4 monitors. I sent some questions to the Xentera people to aks the following:

1) Can your cards enable horizontal spanning over 4 monitors and still retain full hardware accleration?
2) Do any of the Xentera series support DirectX 9.0?

But now that you mention it, it seems like all of the multi monitor manufacturers are simply using multiple cards in one. So it almost seems like horzontal spanning accross 4 monitors is not possible. Oh man would I like to find a solution for this...
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Triple-monitor Horizontal Span with an nVidia Quadro?