Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Evga PCI-e 6600gt and Jaton PCI FX5200
Orbitz   2005-02-08 11:32
I have the above 2 cards installed under WinXP Pro. MultiMon is also installed and working fine. I am using these to drive 3 monitors. The two monitors on the 6600 show up fine, however, all I get is a black screen on the monitor on the 5200. Device Manager shows both cards working properly as does properties, however, whenever I try to change settings on the 3rd monitor and / span my desktop to it my whole system freezes up.

The only drives I have installed currently are the most recent 66.93.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Aakash   2005-02-18 18:49
This sounds similar to the MX4000 problem which other people (and me) are experiencing. Adding the card either bluescreens the system, or it hangs while loading windows. People seem to have had good luck sticking an ATI 9200SE in the machine. It looks like the Nvidia drivers dont like a PCI and AGP card in the same box.
AR   2005-02-19 03:42
In your BIOS you have to make sure that u give PCI as ur primary display.
so when u boot ur system only ur PCI will show up and once the OS kicks in it will show all three displays, functioning.
Aakash   2005-02-20 03:34
I do have PCI as the primary display. However, on bootup, this causes a blue screen with MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
AR   2005-02-20 05:33
Hmm...
Well there should be more details on the MCE
this is an abort exception thrown specifically by the pentium processor and caught by the OS
I am using a P4 (850 chipset)

also it might be a known issue where there is some difference in architecture of the two cards u r using and i just got lucky!!

if its possible to get a shot of the blue screen that would be good or jot down the details and post it.

==ar
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Evga PCI-e 6600gt and Jaton PCI FX5200