Forums -> Multiple monitors -> PCI wins over AGP
Stephen Davidson   2001-05-07 20:08
System set up:

WIN 98SE
EPOX Motherboard (1 AGP 5 PCI 1 ISA)
Graphics card 1 = Geforce 2 GTS (AGP)
Graphics Card 2 = Matrox Millenium II (PCI)

OK everytime I put in the 2nd card (MM II) my computer uses it as the primary card which means I cannot play games etc. I can find no option on my BIOs to set AGP as primry or maybe I just can't see it.

This one is drving me mad, can anyone help?

Cheers,

Stephen
Florian   2001-05-08 10:01
I got the exaxtly same problem, but no solution.
jean   2001-05-28 11:46
have you guys tried mobo. bios updates? had a similar thing with mine, after bios update had the option to switch agp and pci as primary boot.

you guys may have tried already, in which case sorry cant help.

Jean
Charles   2001-05-31 21:44
Same thing happened to me, my PCI card is now the primary - so I switched over the monitor leads. My no1 monitor now runs off the primary Radeon PCI card, no2 monitor off the secondry Viper 770 AGP card.
But then I am the only person in the world who does not play games.

Charles
almghty   2001-06-04 10:40
Not the 98se expert but on my win2k box in display properties ..i get a little check box at the bottom that says primary display ..

Does 98 have this?

In a Worse case scenario remove the extension to this second adapter. Remove the adapter from your hardware list ..

let it reboot ..it should then boot up as a primary ..and then try to add your PCI card.

Disable PCI video card bios? i dont know how old the millenium is ..use to do it for some of the matrox cards i installed for dual screen.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> PCI wins over AGP