Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Span mode on ATI cards without the CCC
dom   2005-02-14 01:40
Hi
I wanted to use my dual monitors in game and I was told to install the Catalyst control centre and go through the wizard to enable span mode,I was reluctant to install the CCC as in my opinion it's terrible(resource hungry and buggy),but I did install it,used span mode (which is awesome)and then later uninstalled it
Does anyone have any idea to get span mode to work without having to install the terrible CCC ?
It's two crts running on a Radeon 9800pro

Boxface   2005-02-19 22:00
Hi I run 1 lcd and 1 crt off a 9250 pro and I just went into windows display properties and selected the "Span windows onto this monitor" checkbox and it worked perfectly.
ECarlson   2005-02-20 02:47
Boxface: That is the regular Extended Desktop mode, where Windows sees 2 monitors, and extends your desktop onto both monitors. Span mode is where the video card and driver fools Windows into thinking you have one really big monitor when you really have two regular monitors, and when you go into Windows Display Properties, you only see the one big monitor.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Boxface   2005-02-20 06:26
ahh ok thanks mate, i guess ive never seen it as ive always used it that way with ultramon :)
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Span mode on ATI cards without the CCC