Forums -> Multiple monitors -> can pciexpress sli do this
wbarber69   2005-02-24 12:38
I was thinking of upgrading to a pc with dual pci express with sli and what I am looking to do is run one widescreen monitor like an apple that uses 2 dvi inputs to draw right and left so what I want to do is use sli to draw top and bottom of both the left and the right side of the monitor is it possible
Tantalus   2005-02-24 13:18
i don't entirely understand your question (it is confusingly worded) but i would cetainly ask the board manufacturer of whatever sli card you are thinking of buying.
dave   2005-04-06 23:50
i think you're thinking too much of the voodoo2. i haven't heard anything about this technology in over 6 years, so i would guess no.
khariv   2005-04-07 03:25
that's not the way that SLI works.

When you've got an SLI setup, you get a SINGLE DVI output - the assembly and offloading of the processing happens inside the SLI chipset so that the resulting image is output along a single image. I dont think there's any way for you to do what you are thinking as you'd essentiall have to have the system think there are two monitors. And, we all know how much trouble it is to get games to work and play nicely across multiple monitors...

khariV
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> can pciexpress sli do this