Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ive got a situation here
max   2005-02-26 15:52
ok. im new to this whole dual monitor thing. i just got another monitor, and i have my nvidia video card. i also just got another video card (matrox millenium). where do i go from there. when i set up my new graphics card in addition to my old one, my computer just freezes. thankyou
Seahorse   2005-02-26 21:33
Matrox & nVidia don't mix. Your nVidia should have two outputs. Slap both monitors on the one card...

--
Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish.Com Deep Sea Daddies...
max   2005-02-26 22:52
it doesnt. so what should i get to make it work cuz ill return my matrox video card.
Tantalus   2005-02-27 04:02
>>Matrox & nVidia don't mix. Your nVidia should have two outputs. Slap both monitors on the one card

whereever did you get this silly notion?!?

not only are there many instances of it in the database but i've got a machine within 3 ft of my chair that has a nvida fx5200 agp with a maxtrox millenium 2 pci card. works perfectly.
Tantalus   2005-02-27 04:03
max,

please list the specifcs of what video cards you are using and the connector type (pci or agp)
Seahorse   2005-02-27 06:58
There are plenty of instances on this very board causing problems. If his nVidia has two outputs he doesn't need another card...

--
Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish.Com Deep Sea Daddies...
Tantalus   2005-02-27 07:27
certain models of *any* card may have have problems, which is why the first step is to ask him what cards he is using.

to just make a blanket statement that "nvidia and matrox cards don't work together" is an rather irresponsible remark to make and certainly far from the truth. in any event, even if his mystery nvidia had two outputs, it does not necessarily mean it can drive two displays simultaneously.
max   2005-02-28 08:47
sorry. how do i find out what video i card i have in my computer. but i do know that the matrox model is the matrox millenium.
Tantalus   2005-02-28 12:37
best to physically remove it...there should be a model # etched on the pcb board.
max   2005-03-07 12:36
ok ive got a nvidia geforce 2 pro
Tantalus   2005-03-08 02:29
i don't think you should have any issues.

shut down the machine, install the pci card and point it to the proper driver. then under display settings, enable the "Extend my windows desktop to this monitor'.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ive got a situation here