Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Color Calibration of Multiple Monitors in WinXP System
Craig Sharrow   2005-03-20 05:47
I have a Matrox Parhelia 128 card driving 3 Samsung SyncMaster 191T LCD monitors. Matrox provides a visual calibration software (Coloreal), but it seems to be impossible to get critically-accurate color matching across all 3 monitors using this product.

Colorimeters such as Monaco and GretagMacbeth will set one of the 3 monitors to near perfection, unfortunately the other 2 monitors' color rendering goes left/right/up/down -- any which way but identical to the calibrated monitor. Monaco and Coloreal tell me that it's due to the fact that Windows only supports one LUT, whereas each monitor needs it's own LUT for accurate hardware-measured colorimetric accuracy.

I'm using my 3 monitor setup to adjust digital photographs using Photoshop CS, hence accurate and identical color rendering on each of the 3 monitors is important.

Does anyone have a proposed solution to this problem?

Thanks
Craig Sharrow   2005-03-20 05:50
....forgot to mention, I've got the 3 monitors configured as a single 3840x1024 desktop and often I display a single photo across all 3 monitors when I'm doing a digital darkroom retouching session.
Sam   2005-03-20 08:16
If they are the same monitors, try reseting the color settings to the default settings forall three. That should match them perfectly.

Sam
ECarlson   2005-03-20 13:29
And, if they still don't match after a reset, adjust one monitor using it's own built-in controls, then move on to the next. Don't make the changes in Windows.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
gerhardp   2005-12-27 10:05
I'm setting up a system based on the new ASUS A8N32-SLI. Now, I'm thinking of installing two GeForce 7800GT video cards for my two monitors.

The reason I'll have two video cards is because I need to calibrate the two monitors individually (XP only supports one LUT per card) with separate ICC profiles.

Now to my question: Should I disable the SLI to be able calibrate the monitors separately?

Regards,

Gerhard P
ECarlson   2005-12-31 01:22
Windows XP will support color profiles for 2 monitors on 1 card (assuming you are using regular Extended Desktop mode, and not Span mode), but you will need to use the new Microsoft Color Control Panel Applet for Windows XP.

I'm not sure if you have to have a dual-LUT card for this to work on 2 monitors on 1 card or not, but I think the Matrox cards starting with the P650 and above are dual-LUT cards.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Color Calibration of Multiple Monitors in WinXP System