Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ATI + NVIDIA Card Problems / Recommendations
Daniel   2005-03-31 21:03
Hi guys, I currently have a Setup Of:

ATI 9200 AGP (1 DVI, 1 VGA and 1 TV OUT)
Nvidia TNT Something or other (1 x VGA)
2 Dell Flat panels (VGA and DVI Interfaces)
1 TV.

Currently I have to have monitor 1 on the ATI's DVI, and Monitor 2 on the Nvidia so I can get tv out working properly.

When I have both panels on the ATI the tv out will not work properly, it uses panning on both the DVI panel and the tv, seems I can't use the DVI and TVout simultaneously so I have to use the nvidia for the second panel. then I can get theatre mode on the TV. But this affects performance as quite simply neither card is really powerful enough and I have no nvidia drivers installed.

I hope that made sense.

What I would like to know, is:

Does anyone know a way of getting all three displays working properly just from the ATI card?

Or what driver combo will let me install both cards properly under XPSP2, I did have a compatible pair but stupidly deleted them during a cleanup.

Or what cards I should be looking at which have two DVI outputs and one TVOUT which will allow me to have 2 monitors and my TV in theatre mode. Recommendations for AGP and (preferably as i'm looking to upgrade)PCIE welcomed.

Apologies for the length of this and thanks in advance for any answers.
Tantalus   2005-04-01 00:57
>>Does anyone know a way of getting all three displays working properly just from the ATI card?

quite simply...you can't.

you can only drive two output with that card - so it's either tv + display or two displays.
Daniel   2005-04-01 01:02
Cheers, that's what I had found, just hoping someone had sorted it.

If anyone can answer my other questions I would be grateful.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ATI + NVIDIA Card Problems / Recommendations