Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Civilization 2
Slackmaster K   2005-04-03 07:59
Hey everyone, here's a little secret I've been playing with lately. Sure, lots of games either do or may in the future support play on multiple monitors, but some already have and weren't designed to. Window-based games, in particular. I prefer the gameplay of Civilization 3, but I've been playing in Civ 2 because it stretches any way the user wants. Try it. I keep my taskbar and Trillian docked on the left side of the left screen, and the unit status bar on the left side of the Civ 2 window; the gameplay map window is stretched across half that monitor and the three full ones to the right. The mini-map is full screen on the TV (since pixelation on a MINI-map will be slightly blurred it's an optimal location). At a normal zoom level I can see the entire lattitude of the planet... Try it out!

Seahorse   2005-04-04 01:26
Screenies please...

--
Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish.Com Deep Sea Daddies...
Slackmaster K   2005-04-04 14:18
Ask and ye shall receive:
http://www.idxt.biz/Civ2.JPG

Dennis   2005-04-05 06:38
Maybe we could make this a multimonitor gaming post.

Post al of your games that work on multiple mons.
I have tried a few myself:
Quake III
Jedi Knight 2

I'm looking for a way to stretch Half-Life 2 ?
Does anybody know how to do this ?

GRTZ:
Dennis
j.bigger   2005-04-06 07:50
Just in case anybody missed the page I created
on games I used to play.
http://j.bigger.home.mchsi.com/about.htm
Slackmaster K   2005-04-13 09:24
I found the novelty of this was in being able to stretch civ2. Since it runs in a window instead of fullscreen, you can play it on any number of monitors in any configuration. It doesn't need to be on supported hardware. If your setup runs in the Windoze shell, it'll run in Civ 2.

Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Civilization 2