Forums -> Multiple monitors -> multimonitor problem on GeForce4 MX460 under WinXP
Tiger   2005-04-04 11:24
Guys, I desperately need your help!

I have the following system: AMD Athlon 2000+ XP, Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2 installed), GeForce4 MX460 with one VGA port, one DVI-D port and one S-Video port. I have two NEC MultiSync LCD 1860NX monitors. One is connected to the VGA port and the other to the DVI-D port of my GeForce.

The problem is I cannot have the Dualview or Clone or any other nView mode except for Single Display mode on my system! However, for the Single Display mode I can choose any of my two monitors.

It seems to me that XP (ot GeForce) cannot recognize that I have two monitors, instead it thinks that I have one monitor connected to both VGA and DIV-D ports of GeForce and thus it allows me to switch between the connection ports.

I tried to force the detection of TV. Well that helped me to get some nView modes, however the options are limited to:
- NEC LCD1860NX(1 of 2) and TV
- NEC LCD1860NX(2 of 2) and TV
- TV and NEC LCD1860NX(1 of 2)
- TV and NEC LCD1860NX(2 of 2)

There is no option that I need, i.e.
NEC LCD1860NX(1 of 2) and NEC LCD1860NX(2 of 2)

I tried playing with the registry and found that [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak]
"NvCplExposeWin2kDualView" is already set to dword:00000001

Maybe there is some jumper on GeForce card or something else?

Please help!!! I am really lost!

Many thanks in advance!

Tiger
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> multimonitor problem on GeForce4 MX460 under WinXP