Forums -> Multiple monitors -> PCMCIA Video Card --- VTBook setup problems
Gabe   2005-04-08 06:09
Hello!

I recently purchased a VTBook Notebook Card (http://www.villagetronic.com) for my laptop, but I am having problems getting it installed and working properly.

I have a Toshiba Satellite A25-S307 Laptop, running WinXP Pro SP2. At the moment I have my laptop screen as my primary and I am using my laptop's VGA output connected to a second monitor. I purchased the VTBook in order to connect an additional monitor to make it 3 in total.

I have several problem windows....

1) During driver installation, I've downloaded most recent V2.3 drivers for WinXp from the villagetronic website .... when I run the Setup, it starts and a few seconds into it a message window pops up:

------------------------
Title: MSIA
Content: Error: Cannot access system registry. (error code: 2)
-------------------------

If I press OK, the installation will continue, seems to finish properly and requires me to restart...

But after I restart, nothing appears on the third monitor... When I go to Display Properties, it doesn't appear under settings option for configuration... and I can't do anything with it...

When I go to Device Manager, the device appears with a yellow exclamation mark.. Under properties - General tab - the following message:

-----------------------------
This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.
You need to restart your computer before the changes you made to this device will take affect.
Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.
-----------------------------

troubleshooter window appears blank and no help is offered if i click troubleshoot...

then, The same content pasted above... appears under the Resources tab... no free resources, etc, etc... and there are no options to configure anything under Resources... irq, memory, nothing...

I honestly don't know what else to do... So that is why I'm writing to see if you can assist me!!!

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Tantalus   2005-04-08 06:43
you need to disable some of the other devices to free up resources. disable any non-essential or non-used devices such as infrared, serial ports, usb, etc.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> PCMCIA Video Card --- VTBook setup problems