Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Second Monitor Doesn't Display Icons
Barbara   2005-04-18 03:43
I hooked up my Dell monitor to my Sharp MP30 notebook to get a dual monitor display.

I rebooted and everything worked fine. The second monitor was perfect clone of the laptop's screen.

I went into settings and chosse monitor 2. I got a message asking if I wanted to enable this monitor which seemed a logical thing to do. I said yes and now only my screen saver appers on the Dell (#2) monitor. I can't figure out how to make it go back to the clone mode.

Please help.

Barbara
Slackmaster K   2005-04-18 09:13
Icons and screen savers tend to do that. If you are using one of the default screensavers that come with windows (except my pictures preview), it should work across both screens. If you're using one of Windows' built-in *OpenGL* screen savers, you should have settings in the screen saver properties that tell it which monitor(s) to use. Otherwise, good luck.

As far as your icons are concerned, I've had the same issue with mine (Radeon 9700, Radeon 7500, and Rage/XPert 128). It was fixed by removing all traces of ATI's drivers from my system, including deleting their temp install files etc. Then I installed a fresh copy of Catalyst 5.4 and lo and behold it fixed that problem, in addition to fixing my inability to see the extra ATI tabs under advanced display settings. Give that a shot. Even if you're using an nVidia video chip (which you neglected to specify), it may help to delete & reinstall a fresh NEW copy of your video drivers.

Slackmaster K
President, IDXT Computing
www.idxt.biz
kevin@idxt.biz
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Second Monitor Doesn't Display Icons