Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Getting games to open/play on monitor2
mike   2005-04-22 05:45
Ive got 2 monitors on a radeon9700.

I am trying to get games to open/play on the second monitor rather than the primary monitor but cannot find a way to do this.

I'm playing Soldier of fortune2 but can only get it to play on monitor1. Simply dragging it over to monitor2 doesnt work, when it returns to full screen it goes back to monitor1

Anyone know a way to forceably tell an application to play on monitor2??
mask'd   2005-04-23 23:07
I think because nearly all games are meant to be on the one screen that they should run on the primary.

You could try playing the game in windowed mode and then dragging out out to be nearly the whole size of your desktop then dragging it to the other monitor.

I would like to ask though, why play the games on the second monitor and not the first?
Steve   2005-04-26 01:48
This is what I posted on another thread and it explains at least why I want games to start in the secondary monitor.

"I'm currently running dual monitors, one of which is a touch screen LCD and the other being a CRT. I have set the LCD to primary and CRT to secondary because I need the LCD to be primary for the touch screen drivers to work on it. If I set the CRT to primary, then when I touch the LCD it reacts on the CRT.

Anyway, having the LCD as primary but still having the start menu on the CRT is fine for me however when I start a game it starts on the LCD which I don't want. While "according" to Windows, the LCD is the primary....in practice I actually use the CRT as the main monitor.

I already set non full screen applications to start on the CRT since most of them open up on the last monitor that they were open in however I'm just wondering if there is anyway to set applications such as games to start up on the secondary monitor as oppose to the primary? "
Tim Burris   2005-04-27 10:47
This World of Warcraft mod: http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=280 allows you to open WoW in a maximized, borderless window. It supports running the program on any monitor.

It includes source; you ought to be able edit Maximizer.cpp to run your game instead of WoW.exe. Your game must support windowed mode, and you'll have to discover your game's window class name. (You can use a utility like Spy++ to do this.)

Good luck!
mike   2005-04-27 23:22
(I would like to ask though, why play the games on the second monitor and not the first?)

I have a TFT (primary) and a CRT (scondary).
I want games on the CRT as its faster fps/clearer
Victor   2005-05-16 07:06
I have a similar setup but have the LCD in the secondary and the CRT in the primary. Although the default for the touchscreen is the primary you can map the touchscreen to work with the secondary monitor. Look for the touchscreen software (Control Panel), look for a maping tab and run the setup. It will ask you to touch the screen when you see the ID in the LCD monitor (now in the secondary). When you do that the touchscreen will be set-up for the secondary.

It worked for me.

Victor
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Getting games to open/play on monitor2