Forums -> Multiple monitors -> nvidia mx 440 8x dual monitor problem
reverence   2005-04-23 04:55
ok, so here is the problem. Im running a p4 ibm netvista with windows 2000. I installed the nvidia card. installed the latest drivers. plugged in my dvi-i monitor and my vga monitor, on start up, the vga is the only one detected, doesnt even give the option to view the other monitor and the dvi stay on stand by with "no signal". it does give me a dual option, but only to tv.

i restart the computer, with the dvi-i connected only, it picks up and starts. then i connect the vga, it gives me the option for dual monitor, but lists the monitor as 1a-1b. so far so good, so i think.
restart the computer, with both connected, and back to square one as the vga turning on and the dvi-i with "no signal"

your time and help is appreciated

I even tried the registry thing that was on this forum ... didnt work.
Seahorse   2005-04-23 09:02
Download current 'official' nVidia drivers - 71.84 as of today.

Uninstall all graphics drivers, in control panel.

Reboot.

In BIOS set AGP primary (WinXP/XP64) or PCI if 98/ME/.

Reboot

Cancel any 'New hardware detected dialogues.

Instal Forceware 71.84s - ONCE - it runs both cards.

Follow steps in nView Wizard.

If the nView wizard fails to run and you are looking at one monitor:

Right click desktop, properties, settings, advanced, GForce tab, nView settings on pop out menu, select Dual view (for monitors hanging off primary card - I'm guessing 2).

Close this.

Back to Settings click on each monitor individually and set up resolution and refresh rates as appropriate. Tick 'Extend my desktop onto this monitor' box if blank on monitors 2 and 3.

Some older PCI cards prefer to be the Primary in BIOS, try this if option 1 fails.

-
Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fisg.Com Dep sea Daddies...
reverence   2005-04-23 10:28
no dice, just like you said. the other monitor dvi-i comes out as "no signal". I dont even get the option to have dual view, i would get that option only if i enable the tv. in which i dont want. I would press the detect other monitor and it would seem like the other monitor gets the signal. but then turns off with the no signal.

thanks any other ideas are appreciated
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> nvidia mx 440 8x dual monitor problem