Forums -> Multiple monitors -> HELP!
Delta X-10   2001-05-25 02:06
Im trying to multimon a asus 7700 G-Force2 delux 32mb AGP with a S3 trio 64/32 pci on windows XP beta 2. When i start with the S3 as primary i get a Blue Screen befoure i get to the login screen.

---------------------------
*** STOP: 0x0000001E (0xFBF023D0,0x00000000,0x000464F8)
-----------------------------------

rest of the message is the normal one.

When i have the gforce2 as primary it boots fine but the s3 card has a ! next to it in the device manager and says that it has problems.

----------------------------------------------
This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.
-------------------------------------

I can get into safe mode with the s3 and nothing has any problems but i cart test out multi mon in it.

i saw on the http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/faq.asp about s3 cards having problems and im sure it probaly would work if it wernt for this BSOD.
SmokinBeats   2001-05-25 04:38
Sounds to me like its an actual hardware fault....When I was experimenting with multi-mon I hade serious problems actually getting the cards to span my desktop, but the cards were always initialised correctly.

Have you tried both cards independtly to see if they actually function on their own? Hopefully one of them wont be working which means that a solution to the multi-mon issue can be fixed easily.

If they both work, all I can think of is that they are incompatible.....sometimes this just happens. See if you can borrow a mates card and try various combinations to find the culprit.

Good luck for finding a solution. When you do get it working, its amazing! Best thing since sliced bread.

SMB

----------------------------------------
www.project-gaming.com
Delta X-10   2001-05-26 01:07
I think it must be the S3 because the G-Force is working fine but the G-Force is to jammed into its slot id probaly break it getting it out so i cart test the S3 with out the Gforce. I tryed window ME its better but i still carnt do it. When i boot with the G-Force it goes into windows as normal but in the device manager there a ! next to the S3 like befoure and an message

-------------------------------
Your computer's display driver will not work with Multiple Display Support. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance in obtaining a display driver that will work with Multiple Display Support.
---------------------------------

I do have the latest driver and i think the error is with the S3 bug thats on the faq page of this site. When i set the S3 card to primary i can get into windows Me but when i click on the settings tab in display probities it gave me a error and when i try to change the setting and enable the extra desktop it gave me another error and then when ever i tryed to go into setting it would give me yet andother and close display propities. I rebooted with the s3 still primary and it kept giving me a BSOD with a protection error saying i had to reboot. After trying several times i used my G-Force as primary and changed the display setting (resolution colour ect...) and rebooted with the S3. I got back into windows and tryed enabling the extra desktop and got the error again. Now i carnt even get back into windows with the S3 i just get the protection error and changing the setting doesn't help now. Sorry abour the massive amout of wrighting. My fingers hert.
Delta X-10   2001-05-27 00:31
FINALY!
I gave up and reinstalled windows XP and it worked!
YLA   2001-07-19 14:33
Same problem here s3 virge DX and Geforce MX-> code 10 on S3

i wil reinstall XP 2505

thx hope it works.. seeya

YLA
YLA   2001-07-19 15:57
Win xp reinstall not worked, it was the same!

but i have the solution!!

set your BIOS not on AGP primery but the PCI on primery, and after that winxp found it! and it make the AGP primery of vieuws!

YLA
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> HELP!