Forums -> Multiple monitors -> dual monitor with full screen
Shane   2005-05-04 19:05
My problem is that I want to be able to watch a movie full screen on one monitor and talk on AIM with the other. Right now when I try and do this the video will go out of full screen. I know that there is a problem with accessing the desktop and full screen programs, but just wondering if there is a setting or program that will allow me to watch movies full screen on primary monitor and talk on the other

Thanks,
Shane
Tantalus   2005-05-05 03:07
you probably need to tell us what cards you have installed and what app you're using to watch the movie.

i don't have any probalems running windvd or powerdvd maximized on any of my displays.
Shane   2005-05-05 05:10
Video Card:
PNY Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 AGP 128MB DDR Video Card

That's the card I am currently using, if it is not possible is there a card that would allow me to do this? I would be willing to purchase a higher quality card if it would allow me to have this dual monitor usage work the way I want.

Thanks,
Shane
Tantalus   2005-05-05 15:07
you only answered half of the questions...what software are you using to play the movie?

older versions of windvd and powerdvd have problems interfacing to the overlay when the window is not on the primary display. i am using windvd 6 and can see full-screen to either my #2 or #3 screen.

your card should work. i have a spare fx5200 lying around which i can probably test, but it won't be for another week or two since i am awaiting parts for another build.
ECarlson   2005-05-06 09:39
Not exactly what you want, but I think some video player programs, or perhaps it is some graphics drivers, have a setting that will make it always display video on the second monitor when you go to full screen (Second monitor = full screen video).

If you can find that setting, then you could set the monitor you want to watch video on as the second monitor, then use that special full-screen feature.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> dual monitor with full screen