Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Recommended PCI card with DVI?
Albin Rangefelt   2005-06-01 09:06
I recently upgraded my monitors from CRT to TFT, and it turned out that my old Gainward Geforce FX5200 PCI didn't support DVI after all! (It does have a DVI connector, but it only works in VGA-mode.) Failing to repair the thing, the store where I bought it just gave me a refund instead (just one month before the warranty would have expired ;).

I'm now running 3 monitors (2xTFT, 1xCRT) on an ASUS Geforce 4 4600 (AGP) and (currently) an old Matrox Millenium PCI-card. I'm now looking to replace that faulty Gainward card with something else (the matrox card can't play video!).

So, my question is this... Can anyone recommend a good PCI card with DVI-connector? I probably can't be ATI since ATI and nVidia cards don't work well together.
(I tried a Radeon 9800 AGP with that old Gainward PCI card a few months ago, and couldn't get them both to work at the same time whatever I tried.)

Albin Rangefelt, Sweden
Slaughterer   2005-06-01 16:58
I recently bought an FX5200 PCI board made by eVGA, specifically because theirs has a DVI port. I paired it with a BFGTech 6800 AGP and I'm driving three flat panels. I've had no significant problems. This board only has a single output, by the way.

Here's the link to the manufacturers page:

http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=128-P1-N309-LX
Slaughterer   2005-06-01 17:00
Oh, I meant to add that the equivalent BFGTech card is VGA-out, and that's why I went to eVGA.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Recommended PCI card with DVI?