Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problem with waking Monitors from StandBy
Jürgen Frick   2005-06-08 01:50
This problem occurs only, when two monitors are active.

When I wake the Computer from the Stand-By-Mode, it is very difficult to get a picture on the monitors. It's necessary to hit lots of keys on the keyboard so that the computer begins to send a signal to the monitors.

Does anybody know the reason for this behavior?

I use Windows XP and have both monitors attached to a Radeon 9000 AGP-Graphics-card (one digital, one analog).
ECarlson   2005-06-08 12:13
Are they CRTs? Is it just the monitor tube heating up? If you press a key or two, then wait 45 seconds, does the screen light up?

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Jürgen Frick   2005-06-09 03:06
No, they are LCDs. When I wake the computer from StandBy and turn on the screens (or vice versa, doesn't make a difference), the don't show a picture and put themselves into standby. After a lot of pressing blindly any buttons on the keyboard (really a lot!), it can be, that the screens awake but don't show anything (but black background). Later, it can be, that the cursor appears and some (>10) seconds later, windows appears.

Its very strange...
ECarlson   2005-06-11 15:10
Yes, that is a strange problem. Have you updated the motherboard BIOS?

Jürgen Frick   2005-06-13 03:26
The latest Bios (from 2002) is installed...
Jürgen Frick   2005-06-15 17:44
Jesus, now, the problem occurs also when only one monitor is installed/activated! So it's not a dual-monitor-problem...
ECarlson   2005-06-16 01:16
Sounds like either a video card or video driver problem. Try older drivers, and if that doesn't fix it, try a new video card (at least borrow one for the test).

Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problem with waking Monitors from StandBy