Forums -> Multiple monitors -> multiple PCs & multiple monitors
MarkD   2005-06-20 06:52
I was wondering if anyone had ever combined the multiple monitors with more than 1 PC.

I would like to have 1 PC running a fairly heavy model/program (excel/visual basic based) which has sheets for input & output data, and another PC running various other "simpler" excel books, and internet pages.

The 2 PCs would then feed up to 6-9 monitors, with configuration possible from either PC to any of the monitors. This may involve the software and possibly some hardware switching.

Does anyone know if this is possible, and how it would be done, and what equipment etc. Any help or comments much appreciated. Regards.
Keith   2005-06-24 02:13
I think this little app called Synergy is just what your looking for. It allows you to share one mouse/keybpard between systems and just move from one screen to the other just like it's a second monitor. It's free under GNU and localed at. http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

Works great with ultra mon. I run two systems with 2 monitors each and it's like haveing one big computer with 4 monitors. Even copies the clip board from system to system. Works with windows, lunix and other os's.
Scott   2005-07-09 11:33
I just wanted to say thanks to Keith for the info on Synergy. It's working great for me. I have UltraMon installed on a Win XP PC with 2 Planar displays. The other system is SUSE 9.3 with one Sceptre display. Work very well with only minor glitches.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> multiple PCs & multiple monitors