Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Scripting monitor changes
Alfred Clarke   2005-06-22 11:24
Here is my set up
Windows XP SP2
Compaq N800v laptop - ATI Radeon Mobile 7500
15" 1400x1050 laptop LCD display
External HP A4331B (Sony) monitor running at 1280x1024x75Hz

I move around a lot with my laptop and have to continuously reconfigure my display resolution and enable/disable my exernal monitor.

I want to write a script that will set up my displays to preselected resolutions and to enable/disable the external monitor.

I have found a freeware command line tool called MultiRes that does exactly what I want to set the display resolution but I have not found any way of enabling/disabling the external monitor from command line or script.

Does anyone know of a tool or method for enabling/disabling an external monitor under Windows XP? (other than going into Display Properties->Settings->Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor)

Thanks in advance.

Alfred
Tantalus   2005-06-22 14:22
i would image this is doable via a vb script but i don't have the expertise to guide you in this area.

alternatively, have you tried setting up a second hardware profile on the laptop and simply disabling the secondary display under that profile?
Christian Studer   2005-06-23 02:24
You could do this with UltraMon, either via a custom script or with display profiles.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Alfred Clarke   2005-06-23 11:49
Tantalus:
Thanks for the suggestion but a hardware profile change is no more convenient than using Display Properties.

Christian:
Thanks for the suggestion but UltraMon is way overkill for this one simple task. I do not have a need for the other UltrMon features.

-Alfred
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Scripting monitor changes