Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Touch screens as secondary?
Tom   2005-06-25 15:52
Has anyone had any experiences using a touchscreen monitor as a non-primary monitor? I want to buy one but will use it as my 6th monitor, and I'm concerned that the software that tells windows there was a mouse click where I touch will only report the coordinates as if they were on the primary screen, making it useless.

My system's details/photo
Adam   2005-06-27 10:24
This can be done but all depends on the driver for the touch screen controller. Do you already have the hardware or are you looking to purchase it?

-Adam
Tom   2005-06-27 13:46
Looking to purchase

My system's details/photo
loz   2005-06-27 20:51
yer im thinking of doing the same thing, not sure if it will work, hope soo
TBird   2005-07-06 03:10
Ive got an ELO touchscreen and use it as a secondary (3rd monitor). It seems to work and "jumps" the mouse pointer into position. You do need the latest driver and to install it last.
David Palmer   2006-01-28 22:33
Hey Tom,

I have a Lilliput touchscreen in my 4 monitor set-up. It appears you need to have the touchscreen set as your primary monitor when it runs the config. utility (TouchKit).

Even telling UltraMon to run it at start-up on the touchscreen seems to have no effect as it appears to run it on the touchscreen but configues the primary monitor which is not what you want.

DP
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Touch screens as secondary?