Forums -> Multiple monitors -> PCI & AGP setup: corruption
Wesha   2005-07-06 02:38
I've got AGP XFX GeForce 6600GT/128Mb and PCI XFX GeForce FX5200. I run Windows XP MCE. When both cards are installed, the screens connected to PCI card show signs of corruption when I move windows over them. All the other expansion cards have been removed prior to that test, so there's nothing conflicting. Each video card work fine when alone. Once or twice, I managed them to work together without corruption, but after a couple of reboots, it started again. Changing "Init PCI/AGP card first" setting in BIOS didn't help. I currently have AGP aperture set to 128Mb; my mobo is ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe. Any suggestions?

--Wesha.
ECarlson   2005-07-06 11:43
The obvious questions: Does your motherboard have the latest BIOS installed? Did you try a different PCI slot for the PCI video card? Did you try a different driver version? Does the power supply provide adequate power to drive both cards?

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Wesha   2005-07-07 00:08
The obvious answers: yes, I flashed the latest BIOS. Yes, I tried every single PCI slot. Yes, I tried the most recent Forceware. _Likely_, the PS is OK (it's 400W Zalman). The MOLEX connector is connected to the GT6600 as required.

--Wesha.
ECarlson   2005-07-07 13:31
Did you do a BIOS settings reset after the upgrade, then re-enter your custom settings?

Did you also try some older drivers? I have often seen people in these forums mentioning multi-monitor problems after updating to the latest drivers for various video cards, and having to go back to older drivers.

I also saw some mention of tweaking specific BIOS settings to get some cards to work together properly.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Wesha   2005-07-11 04:45
I tried the Forceware as back as 61.xx and as far as 80.40 -- the problem persists.

--Wesha.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> PCI & AGP setup: corruption