Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Is GeForce FX 5500 PCI (dual) & GeForce MX 4000 AGP compatible?
Jeremy Vaught   2005-07-17 17:35
I've been using a GeForce MX 4000 AGP, but I want to expand to three monitors (from 1) so I installed a GeForce FX 5500 PCI Dual Monitor but I can only get DualView working on the PCI card if my AGP is out of the computer. I feel I have tried everything.
-Setting AGP/PCI in the bios
-putting the PCI card in the first slot
-endlessly playing with drivers

Basically, I can get the two monitors on my card to span & clone, but when I click on DualView in nView, it says I have to install them, and this takes a reboot, they said they installed, but they come up each time cloned. Ultramon sees only two monitors, which is why I am guessing that I need nView DualView working so that Ultramon can see three monitors.

Does this make any sense? I've been playing with it for days! I went back to Fry's to get another video card to replace my AGP but the guy said to download UltraMon and this would fix everything, but so far it has fixed nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

Jeremy Vaught
-Praying for three independent monitors
Jeremy Vaught   2005-08-03 11:29
Just though I would follow up on my own post. I went out and purchased a GeForce FX 5500 AGP board because that is what my PCI board is. I still had trouble getting these two GeForce FX 5500s working together. I finally got them to work. Then I fried my motherboard in an unrelated incident, and ended up loading XP rather than 2000 which I had before, and XP handled the drivers beautifully. I used the latest drivers from the nVidia website, all is good. Well, almost, I can't get Mandriva to use all four monitors, just one monitor from each card. But that is for another day.

Jeremy Vaught
--Pain is just weakness leaving your body.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Is GeForce FX 5500 PCI (dual) & GeForce MX 4000 AGP compatible?