Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Laptop: WinXP detecting fully video memory only in DualView mode
JensH   2005-07-30 00:11
Hi there,

I'm experiencing a very strange issue here. I want to run a game (TrackMania Sunrise) on my Laptop (Dell Latitude C840) connected to a projector (native resultion: 1280x720).

My Geforce 4 Go adapter has 32 MB memory. But since I changed something (I can't remember what exactly) the game and even dxdiag only "see" 8 MB of Video RAM (dxdiag says it can't determine video memory). Therefore the game runs with a very bad graphics quality.

BUT: When I expand the Windows display to the second monitor with the native WinXP controls, the game detects the full 32 MB of memory and dxdiag shows the correct values vor "Display 1" and "Display 2".

Now I can play the game again on my laptop display (when I extend the display), but I have no idea how to play it on my projector (which was the original intent).

I have installed the Nvideo-Omega-drivers because Dell only provides very old Nvidia drivers. I got these drivers because only they support the 1280x720 16:9 mode I require for my projector.

But I tried other drivers, too, even the original ones. I even reinstalled Service Pack 2. It doesn't change anything.

Somehow my Windows only detects the full video memory when I expand the display on two monitors.

Is there anyone who can shed light on this issue? I'm puzzling about this for weeks now and I'm getting really tired searching for a solution...

Thanks a lot!
Jens
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Laptop: WinXP detecting fully video memory only in DualView mode