Forums -> Multiple monitors -> SLI and multiple monitor gaming
Tyme   2005-08-03 02:32
I am new to this and I am planning a workstation once I get back from a military deployment. I would like to use multiple monitors for both gaming and 3D design. There is alot of information on how to do this within the desktop, however very little on the gaming aspect of multiple monitors unless it is supported by parhelia cards. The configuration I would like to use is a SLI board with two high end geforce cards but not in SLI mode. Then have one card push the central display and have the other card push the left and right displays(its frame rates won't be as important but should still allow hardware acceleration). The thing I am concerned with is when you change a games resolution, some games simply stretch the camera viewpoint across that resolution and some actually provide a larger field of view. I know parhelia users hacked many games to do this for surround gaming but I haven't seen any information sources about how to do this. Can somebody send me someplace I can do some reading on it?
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> SLI and multiple monitor gaming