Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 8 monitors
Sebastian   2005-08-19 09:20
Alright, so i just found this site and im in love.

I work in a media store and well me and the boss decided were gonna hook up some TFT monitors to show movies,game demos etc. So i was thinking 8 monitors divided on to 2 computer which makes 4 monitors on each computer.

My questions are

1. Will i be able to start a movie on each monitor at the same time? im getting 2 X Dual view cards from maxtor.
2. What kind of specs will i need for the computers? trying to go cheap and stil being able to push out 4 movies at the same time on 4 diff monitors.

Sebastian
Tantalus   2005-08-19 14:44
i suggest you spend some time reading all the old threads...go back at least for the last two months.

short answer, you won't be able to have each pc play 4 dvd's simutaneously with smooth playback. at least not with an inexpensive (budget) hardware configuration.

besides...you're so busy focusing on the visual aspect that you haven't considered the audio, ie. you're going to have 4 different audio sources...how will you be handling that?!
Sebastian   2005-08-20 05:43
Alright, so if we skip the budget part, what kinda of hardware do you recommend?

Well audio isnt gonna be on since its a media store and we have music in the seiling all over the store so its just gonna be visual.

Ive checked some threads, and from the looks of it, its possible to make each monitor act as its own desktop if im not mistaken?

Sebastian
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 8 monitors