Forums -> Multiple monitors -> NVidia 6800 GT (AGP) & ATI Radeon 9250 (PCI) without a lot of problems
ReinK   2005-08-23 07:16
Hi all,
A while ago I posted about a lot of problems I confronted with my configuration. I have got rid of my FX5200 pci card (AOpen) and purchased a Club3D (dutch brand) ATI Radeon 9250 pci card. I paid 45 euro for it.

So now my config is:
mobo: MSI Neo2 Platinum Pro (NForce 3 Ultra)
AGP: AOpen (NVidia) Aeolus 6800 GT 256MB AGP with two monitors
PCI: Club3D (ATI) Radeon 9250 PCI (128 MB)

At first, when I swapped the PCI video cards, the ATI card worked right away, but the AGP card didn't. When I checked the device panel, there appeared the yellow exclamation mark near my AGP (NVidia) card. Error message #12 Not enough resources.

When I removed all of my other PCI cards (Audigy ZS 2, Pinnacle TV card, Rockwell telephone modem) There was no problem at all!!

I plugged the audigy card back in and everything still works like a charm!
I experienced a lot of problems with the PCTV Rave card from Pinnacle in the past, so I'll put it back later.

So, for me the combination of an NVidia and an ATI card solves a lot of problems in contrast to two NVidia cards (PCI and AGP). In the end everything still doesn't work flawlessly, but this can be a problem of my motherboard...

I'll keep you updated.
ReinK   2005-08-25 00:39
Well, there seems to be NO way that I can combine my two video cards with the Pinnacle PCTV Rave card.
The two videocards (with three screens attached) work perfectly though.
No problems installing any driver as someone mentioned in some previous post.
Costas   2005-10-21 06:31
Hi there,

I read your post and I though you might be the best person to answer to me the following:

I have myself a PNY GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB (AGP) and ofcourse I use two monitors. As my network expands so my need for a third monitor (for various reasons). There are no more AGP slots on the PC (frankly if there was I probably would not post this) hence the rest are PCI. I assume by now you must have figured out my enquiry. I want to purchase a PCI graphics card (I would find it very usefull if you can recommend one) that will be compatible and work fine for adding one more monitor. (If its dual thats fine).

I have to mention at this time that I don't really play games (use demos instead just for fun) so no need for a high end g.c.

I would appreciate your comments.

Kind regards,

C.s
Crow   2005-10-28 22:21
I don't know the configuration of your motherboard, but mine links IRQs to PCI slots.
I've 2 PCI in my system in addition to the AGP Nvidia videocard. A RAID card and an ATI PCI videocard. I had some problems with IRQs at first (windows crashed because the videocard and the RAID card had the same IRQ and windows was installed on a harddisk at the RAID controller)
Have you tried to place the ATI videocard and the Pinnacle PCTV Rave card in different slots? An other option is changing the IRQ table in the BIOS.

Greetz
Crow
fullmetal16   2005-11-29 09:37
i have an AOpen Aeolus 6800 GT 256MB PCI Express x16. i just got my new computer and once i got it all together i tried to boot it but the monitor didnt display anything. i know its not the monitor and im pretty sure i have all the connections. i've checked everything. wats wrong?
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> NVidia 6800 GT (AGP) & ATI Radeon 9250 (PCI) without a lot of problems