Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Laptop, extra monitor
rotor   2005-08-23 20:32
Hi,

I donĀ“t understand much of this computer stuff. I run a 4 monitor desktop using a matrox card and Ultramon. This works fine. Now the problem is I have a recent Acer Travelmate 2702WLMi which has the facility to plug in an additional monitor. All I can get with this is a cloned image on the 2 screens. I really need to be able to view different pages on different screens and move these about. If this is a video card problem, is there something I can purchase that can be plugged between the laptop and the extra screen?

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks

Mike

Mike
Tantalus   2005-08-24 00:11
>>All I can get with this is a cloned image on the 2 screens. I really need to be able to view different pages on different screens and move these about.

it is a function of the chipset.

if your laptop video doesn't support multiple displays, then you can either purchase a pcmcia or usb video card. there was an older thread which discusses some of these alternatives. you can also look at the resources link or do a google search.
rotor   2005-08-25 03:16
Thanks for your input, I have been searching around but with my lack of knowledge it seems to present more questions than answers. I was trying to see if I could get this resolved before an extended trip to the other side of the Globe but the departure date has been brought forward so I will have to struggle with what I have, maybe pick up on this again in December.

Many thanks,

Mike
Bryan   2005-09-07 11:12
Press FN+ The monitor key.
On my laptop, it would cycle through Clone mode, dual monitors, then One monitor
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Laptop, extra monitor