Forums -> Multiple monitors -> VisionTek GeForce3, VisionTek GeForce2 MX PCI and Win2k Problem
Thor   2001-06-06 02:24
Ok...I replced my Radeon 64MB DDR Vivo Board with a new VisionTek GeForce3 Board...then I decided I wanted to have multiple moniors. I bought the VisionTek GeForce2 MX PCI Board. I installed it thinking..."this should go really easy"...wrong.

Windows 98 SE works perfectly...
Windows 2k gives me an error saying that the driver installed for the MX board is too old and it was written for a previous version of the OS.

The drivers are the same drivers the GeForce3 is using...Win2k 12.00 off of the VisionTek Geforce3 CD.

No IRQ Conflicts.
Any drivers I try to load for that card result in the same error...(all drivers I try to load were written for Win2k)

Before I bought the MX board I asked a VisionTek Tech Support Guy whether the combination of the GF2MX and the GF3 should work...he said since they use the unified drivers they should work perfectly...obviously this is not the case.

Any Ideas?
Gunther Laure   2001-06-07 17:43
Try the new official 12.41 nvidia drivers. They work good for me!

cu Gunther

Dual Monitor System:
Geforce DDR
Geforce 2MX
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> VisionTek GeForce3, VisionTek GeForce2 MX PCI and Win2k Problem