Forums -> Multiple monitors -> nView help!
Ted   2005-09-03 00:36
hi I'am running on Geforce 3 with the latest the drivers from nvidia. I have two exact BENQ T705 17 inch lcd monitors hooked up to a single video card, one is on the VGA out, and the other is on DVI but is converted with a DVI to VGA converter.

In nView Display it only detected single display, and only detects one monitor. My monitors are currently on clone mode and I want to get out of that, but there isnt anywhere on nView, or display properties settings where I can switch between multiple monitors, I think the computer thinks that there is only one monitor? or I just don't know how to get out of clone mode.

I'am trying to get into the mode where your windows is extended so you get a huge dual monitor work space one blank desktop the other with desktop. But I can't do the extended windows because it doesnt have multiple monitors display in the settings tab where you usually get to do that.

May someone please help, thank you!
Christian Studer   2005-09-03 08:30
The GeForce3 doesn't support extended desktop with 2 monitors, you would need to add a PCI video card for the second monitor, or replace the GeForce3 with a newer card.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Seahorse   2005-09-03 08:49
GForce 2s did, why not 3s?

--
Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish.Com Deep sea Daddies...
Ted   2005-09-03 11:13
thanks man for your reply, DAMN i'am so dissapointed that GEFORCE 3 does not support two monitors!! ~_~
Christian Studer   2005-09-03 23:07
Only the GeForce2 MX supports dualhead, the regular GeForce2 doesn't.

Starting with the GeForce4, both the high-end and budget versions were available with dualhead support.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> nView help!