Forums -> Multiple monitors -> X600, Matrox G400, Radeon 7000 working... :)
Martin Smallridge   2005-09-09 03:11
OK, I'm a little at a loss to explain this but right now I have a setup that I can best describe as one where I feel like a single sneeze and it'll explode...

Anyways.. I had a Matrox G450 PCI installed in tandem with a Radeon 7000 (Dual head) and working very nicely thanking you...

I've experienced hell with NVidia's PCIexpress offerings so I thought I'd give the whole ATI Xx00 cards a roll in the hay for a "laugh"... Yes, sado masochism does appear to be in my vocab.

So I popped the cover on my GA-8XNP-9 and added a GA-X600-PRO in the PCI-e slot... and it didn't crash anything. The only weird part initially was that the dual head (2nd head) on my matrox turned purple..

Next up I figured I'd remove the Radeon 7000 as I prefer the Matrox's clean picture.. and with a 3 monitor setup I'm figuring I don't need it for anything... So out it came..

This is the weird bit... When I rebooted, it had a cow and decided that it couldn't load up the X600 anymore.. It also displayed the nForce resource problem I'd seen when installing the nVidia PCI-e card... and yet here I am trying to use LESS resources..

Odd, doesn't cover it...

So, I figured I'd pop the 7000 back in and presto it all worked again... I've not got the output from the 7000 working at all but it's quite happy, or so it seems...

Anyways, I'm going to tempt fate and do some playing around but I figured I'd let people know that it is possible to get things running multi-monitor with PCI-e and I'll definitely be trying the G550 PCI-e (1x) when it comes out... Glutton for punishment that I am...

Cheers.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> X600, Matrox G400, Radeon 7000 working... :)