Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Good second video card choices....
Mohamed Gaffoor   2001-06-09 03:46
I'm runnin an AMD 1.2 Ghtz system with a ati all inwonder radeon as my primary AGP card. I have an old 15 monitor (dot pitch of .28mm 1280x1024 max resolution) that I want to hook up. What would be some cheap PCI video cards that would do the job as a secondary card for this system. I'm not looking to anything fancy on the 2nd monitor. Just extra space for web surfing and email while the primary card does most of the work.
Peter   2001-06-13 04:04
Just pick up whatever's cheap. I bought a V3-3k PCI for my secondary one and it's just awesome (I already had a voodoo and didn't want to fight with compatibility probs). I've also got a S3Virge 4M card in the same system (3 monitors total) and it's ok, but I can't get the resolution as high as I'd like (only 800*600).

You should be able to find something decent for about $20...

Peter.
jake   2001-09-07 11:44
I got a Voodoo 5 5500 for my second video card. I have a Geforce 3 primary. I don't have any problems using OpenGL with the secondary enabled and I think it might be due to the fact that I spent a little extra money and got a better secondary card. I could be way off base on that as I am fairly new to multi monitor setups. I paid 200 for my voodoo 5 right before 3dfx got bought out and if you can find one now it will probably be dirt cheap. Anyway, I've had really great luck with this setup.

Daddy, what does formatting c:\ mean?
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Good second video card choices....