Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 2 PCI NVIDIA Quadro4 400NVS, one adapter not appearing in WinXP
McDarwin   2005-09-21 22:13
Hi,

I got 2x Nvidia Quadro4 400NVS PCI installed on IBM A51p with Intel 915 CHipset.

My WinXP does not seems to be adding the 2nd adapter though a driver was being added and detected the time winXP bootup as we saw 4 cards being added under device manager before we reboot.

All we need to get 8 display to be on.
Does anybody encounter this, any nelp pls thnks.
Christian Studer   2005-09-21 23:21
I would check if both video cards are listed under Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager, and if there are any error messages.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
McDarwin   2005-09-22 12:41

hello and thanks,

Before the final reboot we could see 4 instance of Nvidia Quadro NVS device detected as it tries to read the CDROM driver source.

Under device manager after final reboot, it only detects 2 instance of Nvidia Quadro NVS device. No error and both using the same IRQ.

by right clicking desktop settings, I could only see 4 (multi-display) or 5 if onboard video is enabled. When we span the display and move the monitor all 4 displays are connected to a single PCI slot.

The other PCI card has no output at all.

I have not tried using the same PCI video adapter on single computer before.

MacD
Christian Studer   2005-09-22 23:36
I would remove the first card and leave the second card as is, to check if it is actually working.

Software-wise everything seems to be okay, having only two NVS 400 instances listed under Display Adapters seems okay for Windows XP (on Windows 2000 you might have additional Nvidia Dualview devices listed).

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 2 PCI NVIDIA Quadro4 400NVS, one adapter not appearing in WinXP