Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Can't change primary monitor
Sachin   2005-10-12 03:37
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. When I recently upgraded the WinXP Professional on my Toshiba satellite 2410 laptop from SP1 to SP2, I started having problem with my LCD display.

In Display properties->Settings, I can see two monitors - one default and one external. But the default monitor is NOT set as primary monitor (?). Further the option "Use this device as primary monitor" is also greyed out (?). The problem is that the external monitor (which is set as primary device) has very low resolution and prevents me from runnig some graphic based softwares.

Anybody has any solution to this ? Pls help.

BR
Sachin
Christian Studer   2005-10-12 09:58
You should be able to set the laptop display as primary via the settings for your video card, look for a tab for the video card under advanced display properties.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Sachin   2005-10-12 18:07
Thansk for your response, but sorry, I didn't find anything that indicates setting of primary monitor !!

Another problem which I forgot mentioning is that my display only occupies part of my LCD screen - there is 1/2 inch black vertical strip on the right hand side !! Any idea why this is so?

BR
Sachin
Christian Studer   2005-10-13 07:48
Sounds like a monitor calibration issue, you could try using a different refresh rate for the monitor.

For a different way of changing the primary monitor, see Setting primary monitor.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Can't change primary monitor