Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Question for you experts
Patric   2005-11-04 01:39
I recently puchased a new system running an AMD FX-57 with dual Nvidia 7800GTX's in SLI. Does SLI support multiple monitors? And if so, could I use my Dell 24" 2405 with 2 19" monitors of different resolution? I suspect the answer is no, however I figured this would be the place to ask.

Thanks much

Patric
Seahorse   2005-11-04 02:21
I believe it was no, but I think they updated the drivers. Best you give it a try...

--
Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish.Com Deep sea Daddies...
ECarlson   2005-11-04 15:12
I assume you already know that you could run all 3 monitors with those 2 cards, but you would not be using the SLI feature in that case. You should be able to switch back and forth from using all 3 to using SLI with only the primary, but you might have to reboot to make the switch.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Patric   2005-11-05 02:52
thanks much... will there be an issue with the moitors running at different resolutions? I've learned that the latest Forceware drivers from Nvidia lets you switch in and out of SLI in software without a reboot.

Patric
ECarlson   2005-11-05 16:21
No, there won't be any issues with running the monitors at different resolutions, assuming you are using regular Windows Extended Desktop mode, where windows knows you have 3 monitors connected.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Question for you experts