Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Latitude D600/ATI Radeon 9000 - Ext Mon won't start!
Gary   2005-11-15 02:46
I have been having an intermittent problem with multi-monitor on my Dell laptop running Win 2K with ATI Hydravision (multimon app). It worked fine for a couple of years using Extended desktop, but now, I cannot get my second monitor to start up. When booting or changing display properties the second monitor clicks on and off, and sometimes displays for less than a second. The short flash of display is sometimes clear, and other times garbled (horizontal) After 3-4 seconds the monitor gives up and goes into standby.

The funny thing is that I have an old VGA CRT at home and it works fine with that. However, I can't get either a CRT or Flat screen in the office to work. I have uninstalled/reinstalled/updated all the Dell drivers, Hydravision, and specific monitor drivers.

I am the only mulitmon person in a 500 person organization, so my IT department laughs at me. They just don't understand us!

Stuck with Single monitor & Frustrated!
Gary in Richmond, BC
Kevin   2006-02-16 23:12
I am using Dell D600. I can't find the extend desktop option in the "setting" tab of display properties. It just shows one monitor in the setting tab..

I don't know how to use extend desktop on Dell 600. I doubt it doesn't support it

Kevin
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Latitude D600/ATI Radeon 9000 - Ext Mon won't start!