Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Any changes re: Win2K/XP with Twinview?
Kristian   2001-06-19 06:13
I was just curious of there have been any updates or changes regarding independent resolutions using twinview in Win2K/XP. If it is or is not supported yet please let the rest of us know. My using Windows XP is actually pending on this feature.

~k
Kristian   2001-06-20 22:20
Got this from NVIDIA today:

--------------------------------------------------
Many of us internally would like that as well however there are no
immediate plans to fix design a workaround for this like Matrox has.
Windows XP which uses the Windows 2000 kernel features a fix for this with
much better dual monitor support from one video card. If you plan on
upgrading to Windows XP Professional, you will not have this type of problem
from running two monitors from a single video card. In the future, we might
develop a workaround driver however it won't be in the near future.

Regards,
Webmaster
webmaster@nvidia.com
--------------------------------------------------

Looks like there's no hope for win2k users but XP should support it well.

~k
Chris   2001-06-21 04:07
Guess that puts the nail in that coffin...
Kristian   2001-07-07 14:17
The only problem I have with nvidia's response was the phrase "we might develop a workaround driver"

I'm assuming there is no promise.

~k
Lev   2001-09-08 20:16
God help us!!

I'm planning to upgrade my Win2k to XP exactly after these words:

"If you plan on upgrading to Windows XP Professional, you will not have this type of problem from running two monitors from a single video card."

One more time, I feel that I'm doing mistake. But I hope that this will be my final try to get my Geforce MX card work with 2 monitors. And finally, I will change it to Matrox.

Lev
Winger300   2001-09-09 09:43
Well... im running WinXP now, and i will have to tell you the situation is no different to Windows2000, in fact. It may be even worse!
Almghty   2001-09-09 15:28
I find that excerpt alittle hard to believe GIVEN that on one of their press releases ...release notes (whatever)..

It stated something about true multimon support for the matrox cards ..ati ..BUT i did not see twinview.

then again I would be pissed at this sort of attitude ..we know it can be done (cheers to matrox) so whats wrong with nvidia.

Although i have the admite the latest drivers are a gem ..i no longre have to disable seccondary to play games :)
WiNC   2001-09-09 17:43
Well I'm running WinXP and sorry to say I can't even seem to get bth monitors to run at their possible ress of 1280x960 which they both can do. Instead it sets them both to 1024x768 and I can't alter this at all.

I'm hoping that the 21.60 will fix this problem - but I doubt it. Right now I have two very good monitors in Win2k and WinXP I can't use to their full potential screen resolution.

WiNC
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Any changes re: Win2K/XP with Twinview?