Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Linksys KVM
Craig   2005-11-30 00:34
Ok, here’s my situation…
My KVM switch arrived today (Integrated KVM 2-Port Switch)

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00007DTDB.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I plan on using it to connect my xbox360 (when it’s released over here in the UK) to my PC monitor and still be able to use my PC at the same time, but looking at it, there’s just a slight problem, although I’m sure it’s fixable. On the big blue block, it tells me to plug it into the back of my monitor. Problem with this is that the port on the blue block is female, and so is the port on the back of my monitor. I haven’t opened the packaging yet to try out a few solutions as it would void its return guarantee. I was hoping you’d be able to help me out. Would any of these solutions work?

Solution 1) currently, to connect my PC to my Monitor, I use a cable with the male ‘prongs’ on both ends. Could I use this same cable as a go-between with the blue block and the Monitor port and would that reduce quality/signal at all?

Solution 2) Instead of plugging the big blue block into the back of my monitor, could I plug it into the back of my PC and then connect the xbox360 and monitor on the 2 separate cables?

Solution 3) that’s where you come in!
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Linksys KVM